Beltsville, MD – January 31, 2018 – DfR Solutions, the leader in quality, reliability, and durability (QRD) solutions for the electronics industry, has announced the agenda for its 2nd Annual Design for Reliability Conference on March 19-21, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor hotel in historic Baltimore, Maryland. Pioneers from Automotive, Aerospace, and other industry authorities will join DfR Solutions’ experts to explore real-world applications of Physics of Failure that are solving today’s complex technology challenges.
New this year, DfR Solutions has added a full day of in-depth tutorials, in addition to a full day of technical presentations. Also new in 2018, is a newly formatted Sherlock Automated Design Analysis™ Software Users Training that allows trainees to choose among the training modules that best suit their needs. Conference presentations will take place on Monday, March 19, 2018, Tutorials will take place on Tuesday, March 20, 2018. Sherlock Automated Design Analysis™ Software Users Training will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 20 and 21, 2018.
- Alexandre Barbosa dos Santos, Senior Equipment Engineer at Embraer in Brazil will present Physics of Failure in Aircraft Development Process: A perspective of how to integrate PoF electronics simulation into the airframe and Systems Development Process
- Keith Hodgson, Senior Reliability Test Engineer at Ford Motor Company will present Applying Physics of Failure Methods to Functional Safety Hardware Reliability Assessments in ISO-26262
- System Level Effects on Solder Joint Reliability
- Selecting the Right Battery for Your Application
- Housing Design: How to Shock & Waterproof Your Product
- Creating a Physics of Failure-focused Reliability Organization
- Establishing Physics of Failure Requirements for the Supply Chain
- Implementing Physics of Failure into the Design Process
- How to Qualify Your Batteries to Prevent Failures and Thermal Events
- Solder Fatigue
- IC Wearout
- ICT Analysis
- Thermal Mechanical Analysis
- Vibration and Shock
- FEA Integration
- Trace Modeling
- DFMEA, Thermal Derating, CAF, VIA Fatigue
"We are extremely excited about this year’s conference," stated Dr. Craig Hillman, CEO and Managing Partner at DfR Solutions. “Thought leaders from Embraer, Ford, Magna Electronics, and HP Enterprise are presenting. We have added a full day of in-depth tutorials on how to implement Physics of Failure into your organization. Plus, a two-hour tutorial on Battery Reliability, and a day and a half of Sherlock User Training. It’s going to be a value-packed event,” said Hillman.
For daily agendas and to register for the conference, visit www.dfrsolutions.com/upcoming-events/dfr-conference-2018.
About DfR Solutions, LLC:
DfR Solutions has world-renowned expertise in applying the science of Reliability Physics to electrical and electronics technologies and is a leading provider of quality, reliability, and durability (QRD) research and consulting for the electronics industry. The company’s integrated use of Physics of Failure (PoF) and Best Practices provides crucial insights and solutions early in product design and development and throughout the product life cycle. DfR Solutions specializes in providing knowledge- and science-based solutions to maximize and accelerate the product integrity assurance activities of their clients in every marketplace for electronic technologies (consumer, industrial, automotive, medical, military, telecom, oil drilling, and throughout the electronic component and material supply chain). For more information regarding DfR Solutions, visit www.dfrsolutions.com.