Beltsville, MD – November 19, 2013 – DfR Solutions, a leader in quality, reliability, and durability solutions for the electronics industry, announced that Sherlock Automated Design Analysis™ software version 3.0 with 3D capability received a Global Technology Award for Best Product North America at Productronica 2013 in Munich, Germany on November 12. This prestigious award, sponsored by Global SMT & Packaging magazine, recognizes the best new innovations in the printed circuit assembly and packaging industries. The Global Technology Awards have recognized the very best new innovations in the printed circuit assembly and packaging industries since 2005.
Sherlock 3.0 is the newest, 3D version of Sherlock Automated Design Analysis™ software tool from DfR Solutions. It incorporates enhancements enabling users to manage complex analyses more easily and faster than ever before.
- A global parts database with private cloud storage allows users to store and share parts data across their projects and with other Sherlock users, reducing data entry time and increasing data accuracy.
- 3D FEA model and 3D viewer for ICT and Shock and Vibration analysis incorporate three dimensional elements for the PCB, components, and mount points enabling increased simulation accuracy and flexibility for faster analysis. The FEA 3D viewer allows users to visualize 3D models and results interactively and amplify and rotate results to visualize minute changes. New Multi-core and 64 bit support enable faster data analysis.
- New sub-assembly analysis allows users to attach one or more circuit card sub-assemblies to the primary circuit card. The software automatically analyzes the main circuit card and all sub-assemblies during a single ICT or shock and vibration analysis.
- Improved Result Management functionality enables more powerful analysis and flexibility. Users can organize results in any convenient manner with multiple viewers allowing side by side review and comparison of past and present results.
- Embedded Failure Rate models – in addition to a Physics of Failure based analysis, Sherlock 3.0 incorporates MIL HDBK-217 and SSR-332, and custom failure rate models. Sherlock automatically computes a failure rate for each circuit card component based on the part data currently defined in the parts list. This enhanced feature significantly reduces data entry and maintenance across a collection of circuit card assemblies and projects over a period of time.
“We are extremely pleased the Sherlock Automated Design Analysis™ software received the 2013 Global Technology award for all North American products,” notes Craig Hillman, PhD, CEO and founder of DfR Solutions. “Sherlock is revolutionizing electronics reliability and design while continuing to evolve and offer more and better features for our users. The new features in the 3.0 version of Sherlock work together to reduce the time and effort in analyzing the increasingly complex circuit boards and components that are used in today’s electronics products. We are even more excited about our soon-to-be-released capabilities, which includes compatibility with Abaqus FEA, Flowtherm CFD, and Omnify PLM, multi-axis vibration and mechanical shock/drop, lead generation and fatigue predictions, and embedded heat sink models.”
More about Sherlock Automated Design Analysis™ software:
Sherlock is the first-of-its-kind Automated Design Analysis software for analyzing, grading, and certifying the expected reliability of products at the circuit card assembly level. The intuitive commands and ease of use enable use among a broad range of engineers and managers, where rapid results provide almost immediate feedback on product designs and their performance in the hands of the customer.
Sherlock incorporates Physics of Failure which uses knowledge of the causes of product failure to predict reliability and improve product performance and produce more reliable products. This unique reliability tool is essential across electronics manufacturing and is especially valuable to companies where component reliability is critical such as alternative energy, automotive, avionics, defense, enterprise, telecom, and medical markets.
About DfR Solutions, LLC:
DfR Solutions has world-renowned expertise in applying the science of Reliability Physics to electrical and electronics technologies and is a leading provider of quality, reliability, and durability (QRD) research and consulting for the electronics industry. The company’s integrated use of Physics of Failure (PoF) and Best Practices provides crucial insights and solutions early in product design and development and throughout the product life cycle. DfR Solutions specializes in providing knowledge- and science-based solutions to maximize and accelerate the product integrity assurance activities of their clients in every marketplace for electronic technologies (consumer, industrial, automotive, medical, military, telecom, oil drilling, and throughout the electronic component and material supply chain). For more information regarding DfR Solutions, visit www.dfrsoutions.com.